We are proud to announce that anonymous tips from you are helping fight crime and improve the quality of life for citizens in Breckenridge and Stephens County, Texas. Due to the efforts of many tipsters, the Crime Stoppers Board of Directors has approved $4,500 to be paid out to various tipsters whose tips lead to an arrest or recovery of stolen property. To date, $4,200 of that has been claimed by tipsters. Some people choose not to be paid, and that is ok too.
From our local law enforcement agencies and Stephens County TX Crime Stoppers, we thank the community for their efforts. IF YOU SEE SOMETHING, SAY SOMETHING.
• You can report information on crimes or wanted people who have NOT been advertised by us.
• You can submit pictures or videos along with your written tips. All of it remains anonymous. (Pictures and videos increase the amount you will be paid if your tip leads to an arrest.)
• When we advertise wanted people who are on the run, tell us where they are, where they’ve been, what they drive, who they associate with, and any other habits.
• Do you know where stolen property is located? We pay for tips leading to the recovery of stolen property.
• Report any information known about unsolved crimes.
• Report the whereabouts of wanted people.
• Report as soon as you know, don’t delay!
Stephens County TX Crime Stoppers encourages members of the community to assist local law enforcement agencies in the fight against crime. Callers who submit tips remain anonymous and are eligible to receive a cash reward up to $1000 if their information leads to an arrest or indictment of an offender.
CRIME STOPPERS DOESN'T WANT YOUR NAME — JUST YOUR INFORMATION
There is always someone who has information that can help solve crime. Those are the people who can contact Crime Stoppers anonymously and provide a tip that will help investigators identify those responsible. In any investigation police and other law enforcement agencies encounter individuals who will not directly provide information.
The three key reasons are:
Crime Stoppers breaks through these barriers by giving people the opportunity to provide information without directly speaking to police or having to testify in court. And they can receive cash rewards for their efforts.
Obviously investigators need witnesses to help prove their case in court, but most importantly, they need information that allows them to zero in on a suspect or a criminal operation such as a drug trafficking network. Your anonymous tip may just be the vital information needed to solve a crime or catch a criminal.
Tips to Crime Stoppers do not necessarily give police evidence they require to arrest an individual, but puts them on the right track to solve crime.
WHAT WE MEAN BY ANONYMOUS...
Anonymous means that your name is not known nor made public. It is vital to us that our program guarantees anonymity. If the identity of one of our tipsters was made known against his or her will, it would destroy the trust Crime Stoppers will be building in Stephens County.
Crime Stoppers is largely dependent on financial support from individuals and businesses within our community. All funds donated are used for LOCAL rewards, promotions, and operating expenses.